Monday 31 December 2012

happy holiday!


It is about -10 to -20 degree here in Edmonton,
thus I spent most of the time at home or at the mall.

I love holidays. 
Food, Sleep, Relax, Fun, Shopping and more food ...
It just passes by too fast
So what's Christmas for me

Part I Home
Chinese version of Christmas dinner




We had friends over for Christmas dinner and my mom cooked lots of Chinese dishes, the photo above only have the 8 cold dishes such as beef and seafood. I love Chinese food but cooking is very time-consuming. We spent two days preparing all the food.




beautiful handcrafted ornaments I discovered at a friend's place
cute sparrows

Part II Friends
Rather than going out for dinner, we decided to cook together for the first time. They were all vegetarian dishes with whole wheat cupcake plus ice cream as dessert. 





We attempted to bake but were lacking white flour, so we used whole wheat flour. It tasted very different but still good with ice cream.

Part III Food
I have heard of Olive Garden for their great Italian food  about four years ago, finally I get to try it for the first time. Unfortunately they don't have Risotto which I had a craving for. The food was a bit salty but it was still good and the portion is big.




No comments:

Post a Comment